Corporate Plan 2014 - 2019
We have made five key pledges to the people of Hounslow on the issues that matter to them:
- Financial Management – ensure sound financial management to maximise available funding for priority services.
- Housing – secure 5,000 affordable homes, of which 3,000 should be new council and housing association homes for social rent, and 2,000 for shared ownership and other affordable housing products that contribute to local needs. Crack down on rogue landlords and help residents to buy their first home through shared ownership.
- Recycling – overhaul doorstep collections to make recycling easier and collect fridges, mattresses and other bulky items to reduce fly tipping.
- Potholes – invest £2million to fix potholes in local roads - and invite residents to nominate the roads that need it.
- Apprenticeships and London Living Wage – create 4,000 new apprenticeships and training opportunities to help young people into work. Take action to ensure employers pay at least the London Living Wage.
Read the Corporate Plan here.